AY 2015-2016, semester 2
by F. Cabarle
The introduction of suitable abstractions is our only mental aid to reduce the appeal to enumeration, to organize and master complexity. — E. W. Dijkstra
- Welcome to CS 290! Files will be uploaded in the files section below. Also, announcements will be concatenated to this list, from oldest (topmost) to newest (bottom). Stay tuned!
- Many of the additional readings listed here are free to access within UP Dilnet (or remotely via your free http://ezproxy.engglib.upd.edu.ph/ account from the engineering library (if you are enrolled)). Other readings can be found free on the Internet (e.g. in the respective authors' websites, draft or preprint versions) or at the engineering library.
- You can click HERE to check at least three books available in the library that directly focus on membrane computing. More membrane computing books coming to the library, soon!
- Reading set 0 (my suggested reading order):
- From cells to (silicon) computers, and back. Gheorghe Pǎun (2008). DOI:10.1007/978-0-387-68546-5_15.
- Molecular computation of solutions to combinatorial problems. Leonard Adleman (1994). DOI:10.1126/science.7973651
- An introduction to and an overview of membrane computing. Gheorghe Pǎun and Gzegorz Rozenberg (2009). The Oxford handbook of membrane computing.
(Optional for set 0) Computing with membranes. Gheorghe Pǎun (2000) DOI: 10.1006/jcss.1999.169328 Jan 2016: Bitly link (i.e. shortened link) for this CS290 page is http://bit.ly/1SkTpvm.Reading set 1:Reading set 2: Reading set 3 (number of readings required: 3 out of 4):12 Mar 2016: Due to our attendance to the 16th PCSC and the holy week, our next meeting with be on 29 March. Please be sure to attend the 29 March lecture, given by sir Henry Adorna. I also attached below as a text file the FAQs for the requirements for the class project, reporting, submission dates, et al. Please have a look.28 Mar 2016: Please be sure to attend a lecture in our class tomorrow, to be provided by Henry Adorna. We will not have a class on 31 March, but abstract deadine is 1pm PST (Philippine standard time) to be sent by email. More details can be found in the FAQ file attached below.
- Free chapter HERE. Also available at engineering library HERE.