Semester 2, AY 2016 to 2017
by F. Cabarle, K. Buño, and H. Adorna
The introduction of suitable abstractions is our only mental aid to reduce the appeal to enumeration, to organize and master complexity. — E. W. Dijkstra
- Welcome to the class web page for CS 133 THU, THU-1, THZ, THZ-1! Files and announcements will be concatenated to this list, from oldest (top) to newest (bottom). Stay tuned!
- Syllabus for all four sections is HERE.
- 06 Feb: The date for EXAM 1 is set on 14 Feb 2017.
- Please also read the article ``reading1'' for exam 1.
- 09 Feb: I apologize, but I cannot come to the department today for CS133 consultations. For concerns regarding some points of the class discussions, you can send an email (email@example.com). - K. Buño
- We have decided that the instructors will be providing all the bluebooks for each student for the examinations. For those who have submitted their bluebooks beforehand, we will give you back a new bluebook for each bluebook you have submitted.
|Date(s) || Lesson(s)||Resource(s) |
|17 Jan||Introduction ||Day 01|
|Regular languages and finite automata||Day 02|
|2 Feb || Regular Expressions||Day 05 |
|7 Feb ||Non-Regular Languages and Pumping Lemma || Day 06|
| 9 Feb||Review for EXAM 1||Problem Set, reading1|
|14 Feb ||EXAM 1|| |
| Context-Free Languages and Grammars||Day 09|
| 28 Feb|
| Pushdown Automata||Day 12|
| 7 Mar|| Pumping Lemma for Context-Free Languages||Day 14 |
|9 Mar ||Review for EXAM 2 || Problem Set|
| 14 Mar||EXAM 2 || |
| || Turing machines, Turing recognizable and decidable languages|
| ||Turing machine variants, Turing-Church thesis, further topics on computability,|
| Day 19, reading2|
problem set, reading3,
Day 20 (reading 4, review of Chomsky hierarchy),
Day 21, Day 22,
- 09 April, Sunday.
- 13 to 14 April, Thursday to Friday.
- 01 May, Monday.